97569Re: please help noob with surround.vim plugin

  • Anton Sharonov
    Nov 1, 2008
      I have no idea, what surround.vim plugin does, I just assume that it
      does something with selection. But according description of your
      steps, SHIFT-V is probably a bad choice - since it starts linewise
      selection mode. To start characterwise selection mode, use just "v"
      (without shift) and than motion - for example, put the cursor on some
      character of "Hello" and than press:

      viw

      , this must visually select "Inner WORD" text object). Than you can
      try to use s" command on this characterwise selection and see, either
      it's works.

      Anton.