97026RE: Vim Tips wiki celebrates with a CSV tip

  • John Beckett
    Oct 14, 2008
      Christian Brabandt wrote:
      >> I've gone crazy and added a bunch more code to the CSV tip:
      >> http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/csv
      >
      > Wouldn't it be better to make a plugin out of the whole tip?

      True, but after some discussion we decided to keep the code on the wiki:

      1. It was real wiki collaboration between 3 or 4 people that moved the tip from a
      pretty simple and ineffective script to a useful masterpiece. In fact, with a couple
      of minor exceptions, it's the only case we have of that.

      2. It's very easy for bit rot to set in on vim.org/scripts. Once the person who did
      the initial upload disappears, no one else can contribute. We thought about a shared
      password, but it seemed impractical.

      3. I'm trying to promote the wiki, so I want to keep it on the wiki!

      John