96937Re: Vim Tips wiki celebrates with a CSV tip

  • fritzophrenic
    Oct 9, 2008
      On Oct 9, 12:24 am, grandpa <lxd...@...> wrote:
      > hi, everyone
      >
      >    There was a existed commander named sort,  I wonder why don't you
      > use it?
      >
      > :help sort
      >
      > To sort test.txt is quite easy,  right?
      >
      > ---start test.txt---
      > 0100
      > 0012
      > 0009
      > 0123
      > BAAA
      > ACCC
      > ABCD
      > BDAA
      > BAAA
      > ACCC
      > ABCD
      > BDAA
      > 0100
      > 0012
      > 0009
      > 0123

      The test.txt used in these examples is a intentionally over-simplified
      example to allow easier debugging.

      The original task to be accomplished in this thread was sorting on a
      given column in a CSV file, with multiple other columns that should
      not affect the sort.