96924RE: Vim Tips wiki celebrates with a CSV tip

  • John Beckett
    Oct 8, 2008
      John Beckett wrote:
      > Is this due to MyCompare sometimes comparing numbers and
      > strings? Any fix?
      > function! MyCompare(line1, line2)
      > return a:line1 > a:line2
      > endfunction

      OMG I've been lost in the complexities of the CSV tip, and when I admired my post
      the problem was obvious (also, sorry about the weird paste duplication in my last

      Naturally a sort function has to do more than check if arg1 > arg2! It needs to
      distinguish between > and < and ==.

      Sorry about the noise. I'll play with this some more tomorrow.