96666Re: How to toggle bottom scroolbar ?

    Oct 2, 2008
      On 02/10/08 15:04, Patrick Texier wrote:
      > On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 14:33:57 +0200, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      >
      >> in your gvimrc, or
      >>
      >> if has('gui')
      >> set guioptions-=b
      >> endif
      >
      > if has('gui_running')
      >
      > 'gui' means compiled with GUI and will be true on Unix console vim.

      Yes, I used it intentionally.

      If you start Unix Vim in console mode, then later use the ":gui"
      command, the has('gui_running') parts of vimrc won't have run.

      The reason I use the ":if" here is to avoid an error "unknown option" if
      the GUI has not been compiled-in. Setting 'guioptions' has no effect in
      Console mode, but it will be remembered if you switch to GUI mode later on.

      You will think of something funnier than this to add to the fortunes.