95357Re: MS Windows filename~

    Sep 1, 2008
      On 01/09/08 21:29, Ag. D. Hatzimanikas wrote:
      > On Mon, Sep 01, at 12:02 Linda W wrote:
      >> Jack T Mudge III wrote:
      >>> :set nobackup
      >> ----
      >> I want the backup file if there is a file existing *before* I
      >> edit, but I don't need an empty backup file -- which is what happens when
      >> ever you create a NEW file -- how can I turn off creation of empty files
      >> but still have backup on for pre-existing files....?
      >> (long been a bothersome VIM feature...)
      >>

      >> Tnx...
      >>

      > Maybe with an autocommand? Something like:
      >
      > autocmd BufNewFile set nobackup
      >
      > See,
      >
      > :help BufNewFile
      > :help :autocmd
      >
      > Regards,
      > Ag.

      Don't forget to set backup back on somewhere, or you'll never get a new
      backup for any file once you've created one from scratch in a given session.

      LEO (July 23 - Aug 22)
      Your determination and sense of humor will come to the fore.
      Your ability to laugh at adversity will be a blessing because
      you've got a day coming you wouldn't believe. As a matter of
      fact, if you can laugh at what happens to you today, you've got
      a sick sense of humor.