91189Re: "ce" deletes two words if the current one is 1-letter long?

  • Charles E Campbell Jr
    Jun 3, 2008
      Fran├žois Ingelrest wrote:
      > While I understand your argument about jumping through words, it seems
      > quite strange to me that I need to take care of whether the current
      > word has multiple letters or not. Of course I can get used to "s", but
      > it's just strange that I need to take care of that. Maybe I can remap
      > "ce" to use either "ce" or "s" based on the length of the current
      > word?

      Its a philosophy thing, IMHO. I think you're thinking of "ce" as a
      command; "ce" is not a command. "c" is. "e" is a motion. The
      combination "ce" may be interpreted to mean: "change from here to
      wherever the "e" motion takes the cursor".

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell