91185Re: "ce" deletes two words if the current one is 1-letter long?

  • François Ingelrest
    Jun 3, 2008
      On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 5:51 PM, Benjamin Fritz <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:
      > On 6/3/08, François Ingelrest <athropos@...> wrote:
      >> Hi all,
      >>
      >> I frequently use "ce" to replace the current word, so I go to the the
      >> beginning of that word and type "ce". I've noticed that when the
      >> current word is 1-letter long, the following word gets deleted too.
      >> For instance, if I place the cursor on the 'a' of "an objective" and
      >> type "ce", I replace only "an". If I do the same thing with "a
      >> server", I replace both words.
      >>
      >> Is that really the intended behavior? Shouldn't "changing until the
      >> end of the current word" stop at the current cursor position if that
      >> current word is 1-letter long?
      >
      > The problem with this would be that 'e' needs to be able to move from
      > word to word. If it stays in place when the cursor is on a 1-letter
      > word, the cursor would be "stuck" on that word, unable to progress to
      > the next with a subsequent keypress. Note, for changing a
      > single-letter word, you can train yourself to use the "s" command
      > instead, which is a synonym for "cl".

      While I understand your argument about jumping through words, it seems
      quite strange to me that I need to take care of whether the current
      word has multiple letters or not. Of course I can get used to "s", but
      it's just strange that I need to take care of that. Maybe I can remap
      "ce" to use either "ce" or "s" based on the length of the current
      word?