91156Re: keeping lines selected even after a filter has been applied.

  • Tim Chase
    Jun 2, 2008
      > You can use the :'<,'> range even when no visual area is selected -- it
      > means "from start line to end line of the _latest_ visual selection.

      And if "*" is not in 'cpoptions' (which is the default), you can
      just use

      :*

      instead of

      :'<,'>

      which is a heckuva lot easier to type, given the number of
      shiftings and unshiftings required for the more verbose variant :)

      :help cpo-star

      I'm not sure where I originally stumbled across this, but it's
      one that I've used for quite a while now and very few folks seem
      to know about it.

      -tim