88860Re: Way to persist custom window-specific info with :mksession?

  • Charles Campbell
    Apr 1, 2008
      Dagfinn Reiersøl wrote:
      > Charles E Campbell Jr wrote:
      >> Look into viminfo's "!" option -- with it, variables that start with an
      >> upper case character and don't contain a lower case character are
      >> retained (:help 'viminfo'). You could save quite a bit that way, I'd
      >> assume. For example, DAG_RUBY_GONEIT could be used... :)
      > Thanks, that could be helpful for doing part of what I need to do, but
      > as I read the documentation, it doesn't solve the essence of my issue.
      > Global variables are not specific to a window; I would need to save
      > window-local variables to do what I'm trying to do in a reasonably clean
      > way.
      Make a List; each element of the List holds a List of window-based
      variables. Save the whole thing into a DAG_RUBY (global) variable.
      The viminfo '!' option will then save it into .viminfo for you.
      Restoration to window variables seems straightforward to me (windo).

      Chip Campbell