87060Re: File encoding & line ending in Vim

  • Ben Schmidt
    Feb 3, 2008
      > Please tell me if my choices are right.

      They look to me like they will suffice. If you find you have trouble typing
      certain accented characters with your Italian keyboard, you will need to add the

      let &termencoding = &encoding

      line to the *beginning* of your _vimrc as Tony suggested.

      I hope you enjoy using Vim. You will find most of this becomes much easier as you
      become more familiar with the program.

      Ben.