87050Re: (La)TeX symbol preview

  • Fabio S.
    Feb 3, 2008
      >> I was wondering if there is a way to have in gvim menus a kind of preview
      >> of what a symbol looks like, when editing a latex file.
      >
      > I don't use the vim-latex Suite but maybe you could use :menutranlate
      > for this. E.g.
      >
      > menutranlate Latex\.Symbols\.Pi Latex\.Symbols\.ΒΆ
      >
      > You'd still have to translate all menus though and source them at the
      > right moment.

      Well, maybe this could be the right way to do it, but it seems too
      complicate to be done just for personal use: if it works, it would be
      worth to be included into vim-latex.

      On the other hand, I have been privately suggested to use LaTeX Symbols
      Selector, which can be found at
      http://clay.ll.pl/lss/

      Since it is quite easy to install, installing it can be a good hack to
      the problem, so I post this suggestion for further reference.

      Fabio