86242Re: vim7 chokes on simple text file

  • Ben Schmidt
    Jan 6, 2008
      Daniel Fetchinson wrote:
      >>> I've upgraded to vim 7 recently and to my biggest surprise I've
      >>> noticed that this most recent version of vim chokes on a simple text
      >>> file (it's javascript source for the ext.js javascript library):
      >>> http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/adapter/ext/ext-base.js
      >>>
      >>> The file is small the only peculiarity is that it has 2 very long
      >>> lines. I always liked vim because it was the most robust editor out
      >>> there but I'm not really sure why this simple text file is giving it
      >>> such a hard time. I renamed it to something else so the javascript
      >>> syntax highlighting doesn't kick in and still CPU usage shoots up to
      >>> 100% when I'm moving around the file.

      I think with A. Politz that it's Matchparen, as when my Vim slows down while
      navigating the file and I do Ctrl-C I get told that Highlight_Matching_Pair (or
      similar) is being interrupted.

      :NoMatchParen

      fixes it for me, and I expect will for you, too, if that is indeed the problem.

      Ben.