85577Re: { SPAM } Re: putting visually selected text into a string

  • Vincent
    Dec 1, 2007
      Thanks for the suggestions!

      The following works exactly as i had wanted.

      function! RunRProgram() range
      let command = join(getline(a:firstline,a:lastline),"\\n")
      execute "!osascript -e 'tell application \"R\" to cmd
      \"" .command. "\"'"
      endfunction

      ap: I tried using system but can't seem to get that to work.

      system("osascript -e 'tell application \"R\" to cmd \"" .command.
      "\"'")

      Vincent