84614CursorColumn highlighting isn't disabled on VISUAL mode

  • Tom Machinski
    Nov 3, 2007
      I'm using GVim 7 on Ubuntu, with enabled column highlighting (i.e.
      `:set cursorcolumn`)

      Problem is, now I don't see the VISUAL highlight on the cursorcolumn.

      I.e. I've used Gray90 on the cursor-column, and lightblue on the
      VISUAL selection, but now when the cursor-column is marked, it's
      painted with Gray90 (i.e. unchanged), not lightblue.

      Is there a way to highlight the cursor column, but have this highlight
      overriden by VISUAL selection when it happens?
      Looks like the problem stems from the fact that while I'm in VISUAL
      mode, the cursor-line highlight is turned off, but the cursor-column
      highlight remains active.

      A possible solution would be to use some sort of a hook to turn off
      the cursorcolumn setting upon entering VISUAL mode, and turn it back
      on upon leaving VISUAL mode.
      What do you think?

      -Tom