84560Re: not posible to change the colour-scheme in VIM for mac

    Nov 1 8:48 PM
      MacVlad wrote:
      > I use also a scheme (vladdark.vim, see below:) I addapt from darkblue.
      > This works very well ... but seems to work only on a PC :-(((
      > If I try to use this color scheme on my mac (with :color vladdark) I
      > get a lot of errors:
      > ---
      > Error detected while processing /Applications/vim70/Vim.app/Contents/
      > Resources/vim/runtime/colors/vladdark.vim:
      > line 20:
      > E492: Not an editor command: ^M
      > line 24:
      > E492: Not an editor command: ^M
      > line 25:
      > E474: Invalid argument: bg=dark^M
      > line 26:
      > E411: highlight group not found: clear^M
      > line 27:
      > E15: Invalid expression: exists("syntax on")^M
      > line 86:
      > E171: Missing :endif
      > ---
      > Do you have any ideas?
      > Thanks in advance!
      > Regards,
      > Vlad

      These errors mean that your script has dos-like ends-of-lines in some lines,
      and that it's being run on a program version which doesn't recognise them.

      Try the following:

      1. Move the script to $HOME/.vim/colors (creating that directory if it doesn't
      exist), because in $VIMRUNTIME/colors it will be lost once you upgrate to Vim
      7.1 (which I recommend doing).

      2. Open it for editing with

      :e ++ff=dos ~/.vim/colors/vladdark.vim

      There should be no ^M at the end of the lines.

      3. Correct the error at line 27, which uses an invalid construct:

      :27s/exists("syntax on")/has("syntax")

      4. Save it with

      :setlocal ff=unix

      From then on, this new version should work with any version of Vim. If it
      still gives errors, they should be genuine: e.g. if the error at line 87 still
      appears, check that your ifs and endifs are correctly balanced.

      106. When told to "go to your room" you inform your parents that you
      can't...because you were kicked out and banned.