81334Re: pasted ' and " turning to ¿

    Aug 1, 2007
      ben lieb wrote:
      > My clients are always giving me word documents to convert to HTML. When
      > I paste the text into vim, the curly ' and " always turn to ¿ and it's
      > driving me crazy. Why can't vim handle these? I've even tried using open
      > office to stop this, but to no avail. What can I do?

      Word documents are not plaintext: they aren't the kind of thing Vim is built
      to handle. If you can't save "as plaintext" or "as HTML" from OOo, try WordPad
      instead. I don't know what WordPad's "as Rich Text" option means but you could
      take a look at it, just in case. (Your headers say you're on Windows so I'm
      trying to give a Windows answer).

      The war between Emacs and Vi is over. Vi has won with 3 to 1.
      http://www.ssc.com/lg/issue30/raymond.html