80847RE: OT: Vi in a browser...

  • Gene Kwiecinski
    Jun 1, 2007
      >Personally, I don't agree with you. When editing short text
      >items on web pages, I feel that the overhead of copying/pasting
      >back and forth from vim is too much. I am currently using the

      Speaking of which, is there any quicker way to visually select the
      entire file, analogous to ^A in other systems? I have to essentially do

      1GVG<ctl-del>

      to stick everything into the scratchpad/clipboard/whatever to dump it
      back into the item from whence it originally came, and that's just a
      pain. Well, not so much a pain as an annoying itch I can't quite reach.

      I was thinking something along the lines of

      %V

      but that obviously won't work. :)
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic