80840Re: how can I add this feature to vim!!

  • David Nečas (Yeti)
    Jun 1, 2007

      http://marc.info/?l=vim&m=117912217106498&w=2

      > besides, I wonder how can I make vim to break the line automatically??

      set fo+=t

      you may want other flags beside t (r, o, a, w...), see

      :h 'fo
      :h fo-table

      > and I find a great tip named #166 which tells me how to switch Capslock
      > to esc, the tip goes to like this:
      > add
      > *! Swap caps lock and escape, good for Vim
      > remove Lock = Caps_Lock
      > keysym Escape = Caps_Lock
      > keysym Caps_Lock = Escape
      > add Lock = Caps_Lock
      > *to a file named .speedswapper to the home directory, and run *xmodmap
      > ~/.speedswapper* in a terminal, I follow the guide and finally done! but
      > the bad thing is I have to run the command every time I reboot ubuntu!!

      Add it to ~/.xinitrc before the line executing the window
      manager. Hm, Ubuntu is a desktop distro, so this probably
      won't work... Therefore use the desktop thing that lets you
      set up programs to be run when the desktop is initialized
      and add the command there. Where to find this thing strongly
      depends on the desktop environment.

      > maybe too much questions!

      And so much punctuation...

      Yeti