79923Re: undo line numbers wrong

  • Marvin Renich
    Apr 30, 2007
      * A.J.Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@...> [070427 10:11]:
      > Talk nicely to your sysadmin or your sysop, maybe around a glass of beer or a
      > cup of coffee if you can, and try to convince him to upgrade Vim. He may not
      > like compiling it himself though, even though it is not really hard: see my Vim
      > cheat sheet, http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compunix.htm -- you
      > may want to print that for him before you talk to him. He may be interested in
      > the fact that his current version dates back to begin October, and that since
      > then 111 more patches (including the ones you need) have been published,
      > including several new ones yesterday.
      >

      > Best regards,
      > Tony.

      If he's not willing to compile vim himself, ask if he is willing to
      install the version from lenny, which is (currently) 1:7.0-219+1. This
      will at least get you close to the latest.

      Your other alternative is to compile it yourself and leave it in your
      own ~/bin directory. I've not tried mucking with the "install" target
      to get make to install in ~/bin and ~/.vim, but you can build it and
      manually move the files yourself.

      ...Marvin
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic