78217Re: hi Comment guifg=white guibg=black in ~/.vimrc ignored

  • Alexander Farber
    Mar 2, 2007
      Yukihiro-San, you're genius!

      On 3/2/07, Yukihiro Nakadaira <yukihiro.nakadaira@...> wrote:
      > You should set 'background' option.
      >
      > set background=light " or dark
      > hi ...
      > hi ...
      >
      > If 'background' option is not set, Vim may change it while initializing
      > GUI (after vimrc is sourced). Then "syntax/syncolor.vim" is sourced and
      > highlight settings are reset.

      After I've done that, my old ~/.vimrc started working
      as before again, thank you very much:

      syntax on
      set bg=light

      hi Cursor term=inverse ctermfg=black guifg=black guibg=green
      hi Visual term=inverse ctermfg=yellow ctermbg=black guifg=yellow
      guibg=black
      hi Comment term=inverse ctermfg=white ctermbg=black guifg=white guibg=black
      hi Identifier term=NONE ctermfg=black guifg=black
      hi Constant term=underline ctermfg=red guifg=red
      hi Statement term=bold ctermfg=blue guifg=blue
      hi PreProc term=NONE ctermfg=black guifg=black gui=underline
      hi Special term=NONE ctermfg=red guifg=red
      hi Type term=bold ctermfg=blue guifg=blue

      Regards
      Alex

      PS: Thank you all others too for your suggestions!
      (they were a bit to heavy for me though -
      I guess I need just a vi, with basic syntax highlighting)

      --
      http://preferans.de
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic