78176Re: hi Comment guifg=white guibg=black in ~/.vimrc ignored

  • Peter Hodge
    Mar 1, 2007
      --- Hugh Sasse <hgs@...> wrote:

      > On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Alexander Farber wrote:
      >
      > > Hello Hugh,
      > >
      > > On 3/1/07, Hugh Sasse <hgs@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Actually I edit .sh, .pl, .c, .h, .java and .as files
      > > and like to have similar colors (like inverted comments)
      > > everywhere. So probably this is not the best way?
      >
      > Then I'm not really sure what is, hopefully someone else will
      > jump in here....

      Hello,

      If you insist on having your colors inside .vimrc, then you can do it like
      this:

      augroup MyColors
      autocmd!
      autocmd ColorScheme * hi Cursor term=inverse ctermfg=black
      guifg=black guibg=green
      autocmd ColorScheme * hi Visual term=inverse ctermfg=yellow
      ctermbg=black guifg=yellow guibg=black
      autocmd ColorScheme * hi Comment term=inverse ctermfg=white
      ctermbg=black guifg=white guibg=black
      autocmd ColorScheme * hi Identifier term=NONE ctermfg=black
      guifg=black
      autocmd ColorScheme * hi Constant term=underline ctermfg=red
      guifg=red
      autocmd ColorScheme * hi Statement term=bold ctermfg=blue
      guifg=blue
      autocmd ColorScheme * hi PreProc term=NONE ctermfg=black
      guifg=black gui=underline
      autocmd ColorScheme * hi Special term=NONE ctermfg=red
      guifg=red
      autocmd ColorScheme * hi Type term=bold ctermfg=blue
      guifg=blue
      augroup end

      otherwise, you can download my AfterColors plugin:

      and move your highlight commands into $HOME\vimfiles\after\colors\common.vim'.

      regards,
      Peter