78160Re: hi Comment guifg=white guibg=black in ~/.vimrc ignored

  • Hugh Sasse
    Mar 1, 2007
      On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Alexander Farber wrote:

      > Hello Hugh,
      >
      > On 3/1/07, Hugh Sasse <hgs@...> wrote:
      > > :scriptnames
      >
      > 1: C:\Documents and Settings\afarber\.vimrc
      > 2: C:\Program Files\Vim\vim70\syntax\syntax.vim
      > 3: C:\Program Files\Vim\vim70\syntax\synload.vim
      > 4: C:\Program Files\Vim\vim70\syntax\syncolor.vim
      [...]
      > 18: C:\Program Files\Vim\vim70\syntax\actionscript.vim

      Those at least could do it.

      > so ok, my ~/.vimrc is getting executed (I could also see
      > that because all my other setting like font size do work)
      > but then the highlight colors get overwritten by something
      > (like Yakov told me several times).
      >
      > > And you might want to put the comment highlights in
      > > %HOME%/vimfiles/after/syntax/something.vim
      >
      > Actually I edit .sh, .pl, .c, .h, .java and .as files
      > and like to have similar colors (like inverted comments)
      > everywhere. So probably this is not the best way?

      Then I'm not really sure what is, hopefully someone else will
      jump in here....

      > > :set runtimepath?
      >
      > runtimepath=~/vimfiles,C:\Program Files\Vim/vimfiles,C:\Program
      > Files\Vim\vim70,C:\Program Files\Vim/vimfiles/after,~/vimfiles/after

      I know that
      :set verbose=10
      would tell you where varaiables were set, but I don't know how to find
      out when a command like `hi comment ...` was used....

      > Regards
      > Alex

      Hugh
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic