78144Re: hi Comment guifg=white guibg=black in ~/.vimrc ignored

  • Hugh Sasse
    Mar 1, 2007
      On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Alexander Farber wrote:

      > no, unfortunately this doesn't change anything.
      > I've had those in my ~/.vimrc originally:
      [...]

      Then try
      :scriptnames
      to see which scripts have been loaded in what order, that way
      you'll have an idea what is picked up after your .vimrc and
      for the case of syntax files there are likely things which "bend
      your colourscheme to their will", so to speak.

      And you might want to put the comment highlights in
      %HOME%/vimfiles/after/syntax/something.vim

      see the results of

      :set runtimepath?

      for where this might be.

      > Regards