78128Auto indent lost when opening a new file?

  • Fran├žois Ingelrest
    Mar 1, 2007
      Hello all,

      This is something that annoys me a lot, and I don't know how to get
      rid of it: as soon as I open a new file, auto indentation is lost.
      Suppose I am editing a Python file:

      def func():

      If I hit enter after this line, the cursor will be placed on the next
      line with correct indentation. Now suppose I open a new Python file by
      using :E. If I try to do the same thing, the cursor is no longer
      correctly indented when I create new lines, i.e., it is always placed
      at the beginning of the new line. Syntax highlight is still ok, only
      auto indentation is lost.

      Is it possible to correct that behavior?
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic