77080VIM autondent on C++ source-code

  • Vishnu M Menon
    Jan 31, 2007
      Hello,

      Could someone help me with the following issue,
      please?

      autoindent in Vim works great for most of the
      source-code. However, when I try it on the following,
      for example,

      string
      GetHelloWorld()
      {
      return string("Hello, world!");
      }

      , the indentation becomes

      ....string
      GetHelloWorld()
      {
      ....return string("Hello, world!");
      }

      where the periods specify spaces. Notice that return
      type of the function is indented in the result, which
      is *not* what I want. The desired result is,

      string
      GetHelloWorld()
      {
      ....return string("Hello, world!");