76548Re: Hello world & vim related software

  • A.J.Mechelynck
    Jan 6, 2007
      Adrien BUSTANY wrote:
      > [ This message is an ad for a GPLed software I wrote for my everyday vim
      > usage. You've been warned :-) ]
      > Hi there,
      > Since the day I discovered sessions with vim I cannot live without them.
      > I wanted a quick way to launch gvim -S mysessionfile and couldn't find
      > one, so I developed a little app based on GTK 2.10 which answers my needs.
      > The app sits in the tray (I believe it's freedesktop compatible though
      > I'm not sure). You can use it to register where your vim session files
      > are, and then it makes them available through a simple popup menu. That
      > way, all your projects will stand one click away :)
      > The homepage is http://mymadcat.com/vimsessions/
      > I hope you'll enjoy this tiny piece of software, which is still in an
      > early state. I'll accept any kind of contribution. It will work on
      > linux, and maybe win32, and even maybe on Mac OS X.
      > Bye
      > Adrien BUSTANY

      In Linux with Gnome or kde, gvim compiled with Gnome support saves its session
      transparently when you close the window manager, and restarts it the next time
      you start X. To get it, you need (among others) to explicitly pass
      --enable-gnome-check to configure prior to compiling gvim. See at
      http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compunix.htm how I set my
      configure options (and other stuff too).