76445Re: Any way of getting statusline=%B in insert mode?

  • A.J.Mechelynck
    Jan 3, 2007
      DervishD wrote:
      [...]
      > Of course, but given that even in the GUI version the problem
      > happens (I thought that the bar was in between characters, and not at
      > the 25% leftmost position), I'm inclined to think it is a bug and not a
      > feature. Specially because it is a bit annoying, when moving around in
      > insert mode, not being able to know the byte value of a character when I
      > need to. Of course, I can switch to normal mode or map something to "g8"
      > in insert mode, but...

      ga (or in Insert mode Ctrl-O ga) is what you want: g8 is used in UTF-8 to show
      the actual bytes which represent the character: e.g. on the letter é (small e
      with acute accent), ga shows "<é> 233, Hex 00e9, Octal 351" while g8 shows "c3
      a9".

      > Thanks for all and à bientôt :))

      De nada, y hasta luego, amigo.