75955Re: Matching JUST the nth occurence of a text in a line

  • mzyzik@gmail.com
    Dec 1, 2006

      I can rephrase:
      "how to match a '%' character following the 2nd occurrence of "home"?"
      "how to match a '%' character directly following the 2nd occurrence of "home"?"

      I am pretty sure everyone else knew what I meant.

      --Matt

      P.S. Does adding "directly" change the meaning for you? And if so, do
      you know the regular expression I want?

      > Try
      > :set hls
      > and the following two lines:
      >
      > home % home home home home home% home
      > home home %home home home% home
      >
      > and you'll only see %s match after the 2nd home, exactly as specified.
      > Now, if you change
      > the requirement, a different regex is needed.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Chip Campbell

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic