74083Re: copy a word without moving cursor

  • Osho GG
    Oct 1, 2006
      > On 10/1/06, Osho GG <oshogg@...> wrote:
      > > Hi All,
      > >
      > > I know this mustbe pretty simple but I can't figure this out. I want
      > > to copy a word into a buffer without moving the cursor. Currently I do
      > > something like
      > >
      > > *"ayw^O:noh<CR>
      > >
      > > to get this effect. But, this seems like such a round about way to do
      > > this. Is there a simpler way to achieve this?
      >
      > Yes :-).
      > The simpler way is to map it to single key :-), like <F2> :-)
      > I'd imagine that typing 11 keys doesn't feel the right
      > typing-to-effect ratio.

      I am already putting this segment in much larger map that does other
      things on "a contents. However, the way I currently do it has a
      disadvantage that the cursor moves and then it moves back and then the
      screen flashes - all for nothing really. "ayaw or "ayiw doesn't work
      for me because it changes cursor position. So, I want a simple way to
      find the word at the current cursor position.

      thanks,
      Osho

      > Yakov

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic