74063Re: first character cutted when v,j,x

  • A.J.Mechelynck
    Oct 1, 2006
      cga2000 wrote:
      [...]
      > .. sounds fishy .. in a cell terminal how could a character be between
      > characters.. except by being invisible?
      >
      > :-)

      [...]

      Windows, even more than "modern" Unixes (those with X11), is GUI-oriented. On
      Windows, IIUC, only old Dos hands like me, hackers, and Unix users ever use
      the Dos Box. Other people use WYSIWYG interfaces like Word, and their cursor
      is not a character, nor does it cover a character; it is a blinking bar
      between characters. Gvim imitates that quite well, except that the gvim cursor
      must always be thought of as being "on" a character, even in Insert mode when
      it displays as a thin vertical bar on the left edge of the character cell.