73985Re: The meaning of nothing... ?

  • A.J.Mechelynck
    Sep 28 7:50 PM
      Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > to get all the keys of my keyboard working with vim I looked through
      > my ~/.vimrc and found a setting ("nottybuiltin"), which I do revert
      > and now a few addtional keys (<C-F1> for example) do work correctly.
      >
      > So it seems, that the xterm256 definition, which I use, isn't
      > completly defined in my terminfo database.
      >
      > Can I "dump" (or whatever the correct nameing is) the xterm256
      > settings vim is using internally in a form which I can use to
      > correct my (buggy?) terminfo database ?
      >
      > Keep hacking!
      > mcc

      I suppose the builtin settings are found somewhere in the Vim source. After a
      little searching around, I guess you might want to look at lines 936-1082 of
      src/term.c dated 27-Aug-2006. See also src/term.h for the definition of the
      symbols used. You may or may not have to do some reformatting to correct your
      terminfo.

      Note that the default is 'ttybuiltin' i.e., TRUE, because, it is said, "many
      systems carry faulty termcap/terminfo databases".

      Best regars,