73171Re: bug in confirm() and default option

  • Benji Fisher
    Sep 5, 2006
      On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 11:54:11AM -0700, Hari Krishna Dara wrote:

      > On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 at 8:21pm, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      >
      > > I have tried the win32 console version and it works properly there. Do
      > > you mean the GUI version? Please be specific, trying all kinds of
      > > things to find out what you mean is a waste of time.
      >
      > I reported that the console version works fine in a separate email, so
      > yes, it is the GUI version. Sorry for not being clear.

      In the original post, Hari did say "gvim". On Linux (FC2, GTK-2) I
      find that it works as expected in vim (with the GUI not running) but
      shows the same problem in gvim (with the GUI running).

      $ vim
      :echo confirm("Save changes?", "&Yes\n&No\n&Cancel", 0)
      <user types <CR>>
      0
      :gui
      :echo confirm("Save changes?", "&Yes\n&No\n&Cancel", 0)
      <user types <CR>>
      1

      I did it that way to make sure that I was actually using the same binary
      with and without the GUI running. The second time I invoked confirm(),
      a dialogue box popped up with the "Yes" button highlighted.

      HTH --Benji Fisher
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic