71996Re: ESC key is too far away. WAS:Command Line Window problem

  • Will Maier
    Aug 2 1:13 PM
      On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 01:03:52PM -0700, Brian Dorsey wrote:
      > On 8/2/06, Yakov Lerner <iler.ml@...> wrote:
      > >Regarding remote nature of Esc key, I solved it for myself by
      > >I using mini-keyboard, 28x10cm. I love it. Everything is nearer
      > >on such keyboard, fingers need to travel less. I heard other people
      > >remap Esc key to some other less distant key.
      >
      > I don't remember where I got the idea, but I've been very happy with
      > mapping double commas to ESC:
      > " Make double commas into Escape.
      > imap ,, <esc>

      I tend to use CTRL-C (which isn't exactly ESC but tends to function
      like it in vim) or CTRL-[ instead of ESC. No remapping needed,
      though your terminal configuration may get in the way.

      --

      [Will Maier]-----------------[willmaier@...|http://www.lfod.us/%5d
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic