71923Re: netrw v103b - No longer can browse directories

  • Charles E Campbell Jr
    Aug 1, 2006
      David Fishburn wrote:

      >I don't like modifying files in the $VIM directory.
      >
      >I tried this and it still did not fix the problem on my machine (I still
      >cannot browse the files in my directory).
      >
      >I also get this:
      >:pwd
      >C:\
      >
      >:e .
      >"C:\" Illegal file name

      Please remove all the older versions of netrw prior to installing the
      latest versions of netrw.

      The "Illegal file name" message comes up before netrw has anything to do
      with handling it.
      However, I see that there's an unwanted "Press ENTER..." prompt. I want
      to get rid of that;
      if there's some ideas on this, please let me know.

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic