71922RE: netrw v103b - No longer can browse directories

  • David Fishburn
    Aug 1, 2006
      > On Tue 1-Aug-06 1:52am -0600, Hugo Ahlenius wrote:
      >
      > > I just upgraded netrw to netrw 103b from Charles Campbell's
      > web-site.
      > > Now it seems like opening a directory by just trying to edit it
      > > doesn't work, like it used to:
      > > :e c:\

      I am having a similar issue, but I am using 102 from the main Vim website:

      > If so, either remove it (all 6 files) or make the following
      > change to $vim\plugin\netrwPlugin.vim:
      >
      > Replace (right after the "Load Once" line):
      >
      > if exists("g:loaded_netrw")
      > finish
      > endif
      >
      > with:
      >
      > if exists("g:loaded_netrwPlugin")
      > finish
      > endif
      > let g:loaded_netrwPlugin = 1

      I don't like modifying files in the $VIM directory.

      I tried this and it still did not fix the problem on my machine (I still
      cannot browse the files in my directory).

      I also get this:
      :pwd
      C:\

      :e .