67216Vim7 buf modify functions?

  • Eric Arnold
    Apr 3, 2006
      - Is there any way to do a setbufline() as with the new getbufline() ? It
      would be *great* to be able to change a buffer without having to load it into a
      window.

      - It would be helpful if setline() would operate like other splicing
      functions, i.e. setline( expr, list, start, stop ) where it would basically
      remove the lines between start and stop, and insert the lines from the list.
      If it worked this way, it would take the place of:

      - where is the deletebufline() functionality? I can't seem to find out how
      to remove lines from a buffer via the function interface. I'd like to avoid
      silent 1,$ d
      because of all the side effects with registers, and messages that show up in
      the command window regardless of "silent" (i.e. "### fewer lines" ).
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic