67201Re: Suggestion about the line-ending detection without the last CRLF

  • panshizhu@routon.com
    Apr 2, 2006
      "Wu Yongwei" <wuyongwei@...> wrote on 2006.04.03 10:25:28:

      > Hi Bram,
      >
      > When a Windows text file does not end with CRLF, vim will consider it
      > a NOEOL UNIX file, displaying all the CRs. I think this could be
      > improved. (Though in the Vim way text file should always end with an
      > EOL, in the Windows world it is often not the case. And it is arguable
      > whether text files really should end with an EOL on non-POSIX worlds.
      > BTW, I found the problem because pages on http://www.cnet.com.au/ does
      > not end with an EOL; I do not think it a good idea to educate the Web
      > masters.)
      >
      > Currently I am using Vim 6.4.10.
      >
      > Best regards,
      >
      > Yongwei
      > --
      > Wu Yongwei

      I had tested with vim 6.4 but it is not as you'd described. The file not
      end with the CR/LF at will be recognized as "NOEOL DOS" file not as you'd
      described "NOEOL UNIX" file.

      I suggest you check your 'fileformats' settings. My settings were:
      set fileformats=unix,mac,dos

      Perhaps some other related settings help... Try launch with vim -u NONE and
      see if it happens again.

      --
      Sincerely
      Pan, Shizhu. ext: 2221