67185Re: Ctrl-A suddenly doesn't mean select all (gVim Win)

  • Georg Dahn
    Mar 31, 2006

      > Happily editing along in gVim 6.4 today and.... suddenly I discover
      > that the key sequence ctrl-a, which I've long used for select-all, no
      > longer seems to in fact select-all.

      Ctrl-A selects all if you have sourced mswin.vim to have the usual
      Windows short cuts like Ctrl-X, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V, Ctrl-A ... available.

      > In fact, if the cursor is located on a number when I press ctrl-a, it
      > now seems to increment that number.

      This is the 'normal' behavior of Vim if you don't source mswin.vim.

      :h mswin.vim

      to see, what this script does and what is changed.

      > Any idea what I might have accidentally changed to invoke this shift
      > in behavior, and/or what I can do to get the original behavior back?

      Maybe you don't have the line

      source $VIMRUNTIME/mswin.vim

      in your vimrc anymore. Have you edited vimrc recently?

      Best wishes,