65343Re: Finding prototypes in header files

  • Yegappan Lakshmanan
    Feb 1, 2006
      Hi,

      On 2/1/06, Ernest Obusek <eobusek@...> wrote:
      > Thank you all for your help. I have already been using ctags, but
      > you gave me some ideas on how to use it better. However I still
      > can't figure out how to get to a prototype in a header file. When I
      > used ctrl-] on a function name in a cpp file, it takes me to the
      > implementation of the function, which is great. But I also want to
      > have a way to jump to the prototype in the header file. If I do :ts
      > after this it doesn't show any additional matches.

      If all your prototypes are in header files or placed at the beginning
      of the source file, then you can use [<CTRL-I> command (which is
      same as [<Tab>) to jump to the prototype. Note that this may not
      work in all the cases.

      :help [_CTRL-I

      - Yegappan
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic