65301Re: File type autodetection in mixed eol format

  • Anatoli Sakhnik
    Feb 1, 2006
      Good morning!

      On 01/02/06, Benji Fisher <benji@...> wrote:
      > On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 06:53:58AM -0800, Anatoli Sakhnik wrote:
      > So "svn diff" produces a file with mixed UNIX- and DOS-style line
      > endings? Ugh. Have you scoured the documentation for svn to see
      > whether it has an option to change this? Dare I suggest cygwin?

      No, cygwin won't satisfy my needs.

      > You may or may not convince Bram to change this in the standard
      > distribution. Personally, I would prefer a less permissive pattern,
      > perhaps (untested) '^Index:\s\+\f\+\r\=$'. In any event, you are free
      > to create your personal scripts file. Let's see: under Windows that
      > would be $HOME/vimfiles/scripts.vim .
      > :help new-filetype-scripts
      > HTH --Benji Fisher

      It seems that this is what I needed indeed. The problem appeared only
      under windows, so I'll solve it by writing a very simple custom
      filetype recognition script. Thank you, Benji.

      -- Anatoli Sakhnik
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic