63799Re: pastetoggle

  • Yegappan Lakshmanan
    Dec 2 12:21 AM
      Hello,

      On 12/1/05, Harry Putnam <reader@...> wrote:
      > Yegappan Lakshmanan <yegappanl@...> writes:
      >
      > >> I suspect you would have to paste with the mouse rather than through
      > >> any keyed mechanism.
      > >>

      > > What about pasting the copied text using the CTRL-R CTRL-O {register}
      > > command? This command inserts the contents of the specified register
      > > without any indentation. To paste the contents of the clipboard (assuming
      > > the * register represents the clipboard), you can use the
      > > CTRL-R CTRL - O * command.
      >
      > What is that? Can you explain what is supposed to happen in the above
      > command? `CTRL-R CTRL - O *'.

      In insert mode, you have to press CTRL-R followed by CTRL-O
      followed by the register name. In this case, as you are trying
      to paste the contents of the clipboard, the name of the register
      is '*' (start). This command will insert the contents of the specified
      register without any indentation.

      > Not it says `same as pasting with the mouse'
      >
      > But I don't want the same behavior. Pasting with mouse gives me the
      > stepping problem.

      If you are using a Vim that is compiled with the support for the
      xterm clipboard and mouse support and you have set the 'mouse'
      option to let Vim handle the mouse, then when you paste with
      the middle mouse button, the text will be pasted without any
      indentation.

      The help text refers to the behavior when Vim is able to access
      the xterm clipboard and is handling the mouse click.

      > My version info below (Note several `mouse' entries):
      >
      > VIM - Vi IMproved 6.4 (2005 Oct 15, compiled Nov 25 2005 17:02:19)
      > +mouse_netterm +mouse_xterm +multi_byte +multi_lang -netbeans_intg -osfiletype
      > -X11 -xfontset -xim -xsmp -xterm_clipboard -xterm_save

      You are using a Vim compiled without the support for accessing
      the xterm clipboard (-xterm_clipboard). In this version, you cannot
      use the above described command to paste the clipboard
      contents.

      - Yegappan
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic