63139Re: Caps Lock

  • Dominic Evans
    Nov 1, 2005
      I don't think there is a way to do that. However you could avoid CAPS
      LOCK all together...

      I don't know if there is already a mark for where insert mode was
      started (instead of the manual mp here). But something along the lines
      of

      mp
      TYPE TEXT
      :'p,'.s/.*/\U&/

      would save you have to use caps lock at all (you could bind the latter
      substitution to a key)

      Regards,
      Dom

      On 01/11/05, Robert Cussons <r.cussons@...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > don't know how difficult or possible this is to do, but here goes!
      >
      > I sometimes want to write a large amount of test in capitals so I turn
      > on Caps Lock, but then I want to use commands and forget that Caps Lock
      > is on and obviously get unexpected results. Is there a way to get Vim to
      > ignore Caps Lock when in command mode, but still allow me to press
      > <shift> + o for example to get O in command mode, with Caps Lock on.
      > Example to clarify the above:
      > I am typing away with Caps Lock on, then I enter command mode and want
      > to put in a blank line above the one I am on, so I want the command for
      > this to still be <shift> + o, even though I have Caps Lock turned on.
      > Hope at least someone can understand what I mean!
      > Thanks,
      > Rob.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic