61336Re: Minimum buffer size.

    Sep 1, 2005
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Groleo Marius" <groleo@...>
      To: "Tim Chase" <vim@...>
      Cc: <vim@...>
      Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 2:58 PM
      Subject: Re: Minimum buffer size.
      [...]

      > The next thing that comes in my mind: can a text , from the statusLine,
      > be highlighted? something like the autocomplete.
      > What I'm thinking of is a better tabbar :P

      see
      :help 'statusline'
      :help hl-User1

      Setting up a working 'statusline' can be tricky. Here is mine, which is only
      slightly enhanced by respect to the default (it's all one line, and if my
      mail client, or yours, "beautifies" it, it will probably be at a
      backslash-escaped space):

      set statusline=%<%f\

      The above is single-colour (by default, "inverse-bold" for the current
      status line and "inverse" for the others); check the help items mentioned
      above for up to 9 user-defined colour settings using %1* to %9* in
      'statusline', associated with ":highlight User1 something" in the vimrc or
      (recommended) in a colour scheme.

      HTH,