59604Re: How to add Tooltips in VIM

  • Eric Arnold
    Jun 2, 2005
      I just tried balloonexpr in Vim7, and it's almost exactly what I was
      hoping it would be. I.e. the example shows how straightforward it is:

      function! MyBalloonExpr()
      let s = 'Cursor is at line ' . v:beval_lnum .
      \', column ' . v:beval_col .
      \ ' of file ' . bufname(v:beval_bufnr) .
      \ ' on word "' . v:beval_text . '"'
      return s
      endfunction
      set bexpr=MyBalloonExpr()
      set ballooneval

      It would be nice if there were an option to have the balloon displayed
      for the regular non-mouse cursor, that way hints could be assured to get
      to the user whether he's using "normal" Vim commands or mousing.

      --- "A. J. Mechelynck" <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:

      > Note that in version 7, features other than +balloon_eval are no more
      > required to make it work; and a new option, 'balloonexpr', has been
      > introduced.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic