56317Re: Any way to put tabs in foldtext?

  • Raja Koduru
    Feb 4, 2005
      Luc Hermitte wrote:

      >>>You can substitute leading tabs by as many strings of &tabstop spaces.
      >>>That is what I use into:le
      >>>http://hermitte.free.fr/vim/ressources/vimfiles/fold/c-fold.vim
      >

      >>Please suggest on how to use this script. or methods to verify if this
      >>really loaded by vim and is working.
      >

      > This script is a fold plugin for C and C++. It defines two functions
      > used in 'foldexpr' and in 'foldtext'.
      >
      > It is loaded from my .vimrc (available on my site) thanks to a few
      > autocommands very similar to the ones used to load ftplugins.
      > It should be droppable as it is into {rtp}/ftplugin/c/, and get loaded
      > automatically for C and C++ files.
      >

      >>Is there any help which i should be reading first ?
      >

      > May be
      > :h fold.txt
      > ?

      Luc,
      When i enable these fold-scripts, the file loading is taking 4 to 6
      seconds for a file of size 557 lines. This load time is even worse for
      larger files. But when is use ...

      autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead *.[ch],*.cpp syn region myFold start="{"
      end="}" transparent fold

      file loading is not taking much time.Is there anything that I should be
      doing to resolve this. Or is the default load of the scripts. My system
      configuration: P3-1G Hz-256MB Ram-XP

      regards,
      raja koduru
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic