56298Re: Any way to put tabs in foldtext?

  • Luc Hermitte
    Feb 2, 2005
      * On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 08:25:02AM +0530, Raja Koduru <kscraja@...> wrote:
      > > > I am using gVim 6.3.30, on a Fedora Core 3 linux machine. The
      > > > documentation for the foldtext variable (which defines what is
      > > > shown for a folded group of lines) says that any tabs are
      > > > converted into spaces. Myself, I prefer to just show the first
      > > > line as it is (tabs and all), and use the foldcolumn option to
      > > > tell if there is a fold or not. Is there any workaround that
      > > > anyone knows of that would allow me to do this?
      > >
      > > You can substitute leading tabs by as many strings of &tabstop spaces.
      > > That is what I use into:
      > > http://hermitte.free.fr/vim/ressources/vimfiles/fold/c-fold.vim

      > Please suggest on how to use this script. or methods to verify if this
      > really loaded by vim and is working.

      This script is a fold plugin for C and C++. It defines two functions
      used in 'foldexpr' and in 'foldtext'.

      It is loaded from my .vimrc (available on my site) thanks to a few
      autocommands very similar to the ones used to load ftplugins.
      It should be droppable as it is into {rtp}/ftplugin/c/, and get loaded
      automatically for C and C++ files.

      > Is there any help which i should be reading first ?

      May be
      :h fold.txt
      ?

      --