55724Re: Open file in Firefox

  • George
    Jan 4, 2005
      On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 10:04:23AM -0500, Alan G Isaac wrote:

      > To view current file in firefox:

      Thanks for the reply. I'm embarrassed to say I figured it out soon
      after I posted the question. Even worse, I found a Vim Tip on the
      subject.

      There remains, however, a minor problem with respect to loading the file
      in a new tab vs. the existing tab vs. a new window. I have Firefox
      configured to open external links in a new tab. Without an existing
      Firefox command switch to control how a given file is loaded, the
      existing setting gets used, which in my case would mean a new tab is
      opened for every reload/refresh of the html file I'm editing.

      That leaves me three options:

      a) Hold my breath for the folks at Mozilla to add a switch;

      b) Change the way I use Firefox; or

      c) Give up on the idea of loading the file from within Vim.

      --
      George
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic