55723Re: opening files by hand sucks

  • Chris Niekel
    Jan 4, 2005
      On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 06:59:58PM +0100, Dominik Werder wrote:
      > I wondered if there is some tool where you can see a customized list of
      > files that can be opened by vim in a new terminal with one click..
      > This open "terminal, change dir, start vim"-thing sucks..

      Find the Project-plugin on the vim.org website. You have to configure it
      like
      PROJ1=~/proj/project1 CD="." {
      main.cc
      foobar.cc
      }
      PROJ2=~/proj/project2 CD="." {
      foo.py
      }

      And then you can open that list (with :Proj), double-click on main.cc (or
      move the cursor with keyboard and press enter), and main.cc opens, and your
      vim is in the project1 folder as well. So :grep etc. work.

      Marvelous plugin. Hope it'll suit your needs.

      Chris

      --
      I've been down so long, if I'd cheer up, I'd still be depressed.
      - Lisa Simpson, Moanin' Lisa Blues.