55158Re: Folding with shell syntax

  • Sonic_Wind
    Nov 29 6:17 AM
      Hello Henrik,

      vhn> Fellow vim users!

      vhn> I am in great need of using function folding, and i have tried to enable it
      vhn> with the syntax folding, but i can't get it to work.

      vhn> Since there seem to be support for folding in the syntax file, cant i just
      vhn> enable it by a simple command, like "syntax on" but "folding on"?

      vhn> set foldmethod=syntax and enabling folding does not seem to work.

      vhn> I'm using VIM 6.3...

      vhn> Thanks for any pointers, google was unable to help me ;)

      vhn> /Henrik

      set foldmethod=syntax " means that syntax regions will be folded
      " the discription of such rigions must contain
      " fold key word
      for C-like languages this might looks like:
      sy region myFold start="{" end="}" fold transparent
      , so what language do you use.

      Wind mailto:sonic_wind@...
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic